(This post was created a LONG time ago and has been waiting on pictures. However, I seem to have misplaced the cord for my camera. I thought I would go ahead and post it minus the pics and add those when I find the cord - sorry!!!)
This past weekend, we celebrated Aidan's first birthday with family and friends. It started off with our good friends (Jay, Julie and Bailey, their 14 month old son) driving in Friday PM from Fort Worth to stay the weekend. Don't worry - of course we put them to work! :-) Thanks you guys!!! That evening, Aidan decided he was not going to cooperate with things by getting a nice long night of rest, and decided instead to scream for 2 hours. He ended up in bed with us, and so, none of us got much rest. In fact, Aidan kind of took over Chris' side of the bed. At one point, I looked over and down. Chris was sleeping a bit sideways half-way down our bed, having to share that portion with Ginger. Aahh, one big happy family.
Then, Saturday morning came and the other guests started to arrive. In my brilliant scheme of things, I decided to put on a Baby Einstein video (or two) during the set-up and initial part of the party for the kiddos, as it was after all a Baby Einstein themed party. What I didn't anticipate was Aidan becoming glued to a spot in front of the TV, oblivious of the commotion around him. If someone got in his way (ie. Uncle Craig) he would lean over as to not miss anything. We took some interesting pictures of him STARING at the TV - I am sure you will figure out which ones.
I was pleasantly surprised how long Aidan lasted, especially with the previous night fiasco. Other than a few breakdowns, which is normal for a tired, teething Aidan, he seemed to enjoy himself. He liked the cake and especially the icing until he took a large chunk off and everyone applauded - that frightened him. I think he looked up and realized how many people were looking at him and felt like the whole lot of us was yelling at him. Who knows? He also did a great job of helping mommy open all the fabulous cards and presents. Boy was this little man spoiled!
After the party, cleaning up and resting, Aidan got to play with some of his new toys. However, he seemed to still gravitate towards his walker, the good 'ol standby. :-) Bailey, however, took to a much anticipated gift from my mom, a mini ATV. He even figured out how to push and hold the button down to get it going. Now, the steering was a bit harder, but with the help from his Daddy, he was able to maneuver it all over the house. Aidan, of course, was right around him on high speed with his walker. It made for some big laughs.
All in all, the weekend went great! We feel so blessed to have Aidan in our lives and to have such a supportive group of family and friends around us. We want to thank everyone again for helping to make it such a special day.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Glad you finally updated:) It was great to see you guys and we are looking forward to having y'all down in a few weeks! Adults night out...YEAH!
Post a Comment